I got a lot of good and interesting feedback from my last post. I’ve spoken to ladies who could identify with some of the points I raised, where they were falling short and their plans to ‘get their lady on.’ Awesome!!!
Thanks for reading and sharing guys. I’ve enjoyed talking about this. I’m very eager to discuss with you again as I share the next part of this series. Let’s continue with five more (outward) attributes of a lady.
1. A lady does not wear clothes so revealing that they embarrass others. Have you ever seen some females, who in the name of fashion and looking sexy wear clothes so short, tight and revealing that they themselves are so uncomfortable that you begin to feel sorry for them? I have. A lady knows that private parts are supposed to be kept that way- private! She understands that her body is part of her pride and dignity. She knows how to package herself to look good, feel good and get attention, without revealing so much skin.
I believe it was Audrey Hepburn who said, ‘Wear clothes that are tight enough for people to know you’re a woman, but loose enough to show that you’re a lady.’ I love that quote so much
2. I have these pair of shoes that are what my mother calls ‘knock about shoes.’ They are comfortable and go with almost anything I wear, so I just slip my feet in and walk out of my house…without a good polish. They are black and leather so they don’t look ‘that dirty,’ but they are not clean. A lady is always clean. A rush, comfort, or the thought or fact that people won’t notice is never enough reason for a lady to go out dirty. It is not okay to wear that top that has a blot or oil stain. It is not okay to wear a shirt that ‘was white.’ It is not okay to have dirt under your fingernails. It is not okay to keep your hairdo on for weeks without treating it. A lady is always clean
Closely related to this, a lady will ensure her heels, soles and taps are replaced when they begin to wear out. Don’t wear shoes with peels here and there. Same goes for your bag. (I have to fix that bag!)
3. A lady does not put on her makeup in public. A lady comes out of her house looking beautiful. No one needs to know how it happened *wink*. It is not lady like to put on your makeup on the bus, on the train, at the dining table or anywhere that is not secluded, giving you the privacy you need
4. A lady never eats on the road or while on the move. No matter how hungry she is or how leisurely the walk is, a lady will not be caught in her tracks eating and worse still, talking while at it. If she is not eating at the restaurant or the fast food house where she bought the meal or snack, she’ll just have to wait till she gets home or somewhere secluded enough
5. A lady knows when to carry a purse, a handbag, a briefcase or a hand luggage. It is not every handbag or purse that is nice and pretty that goes with every outfit, colour or occasion. A lady must be selective about this and match appropriately. That gigantic bag is not going to work for that cocktail dinner.
Next week, I’ll share five conversations or discussions a lady should not have.
Have a lovely weekend and be a lady!